We all tell stories and we all read stories, but we rarely tell our stories and certainly not stories so intimate and personal as our own love stories. But we all have them. They don’t all have happy endings or happy beginnings. Sometimes they are only the mad, wild, crazy rush of a secret crush and the yearnings and daydreams they inspire. Sometimes it is a near miss, a missed kiss, a moment of regret, a passing of strangers that almost could have been more. Sometimes our brush is heartbreaking. Sometimes, but only sometimes, is it the real deal.
Starting February 1st and running until February 14th I invite you to join Smitten! Blogfest by telling your story about love lost, love found, love almost was, love never could have been, but it has to be your story. I want you to share a tiny piece of your heart with the world. The length is up to you, the style of storytelling is up to you. Tell it in pictures if you like. Tell it in art. Tell it in prose or poetry or essay or a piece of 15 word micro-fiction. Whatever you like.
Want to participate? Of course you do! Here’s how:
- Write/tell your story in whatever format you want. Post it on your blog.
- Sign up for the Smitten! Blogfest by filling out the Mr. Linky below with a link to your story post.
- Read the link above yours. I encourage you to read all the links, but especially read the link right above yours and then include their link in your own post on your blog. This encourages people to click through and read other entries!
- The Smitten! Blogfest is also a Blog Hop. When you sign up on the Mr. Linky you’ll be given the option to get the Smitten! Blogfest code to put on your own entry post. This will make it easier for readers to “blog hop” through the entries.
- Tweet or update your Facebook about the Smitten! Blogfest. The more entries the better! Use hashtag #smittenblogfest
- Enter the Smitten! Blogfest contest to win a copy of Neil Gaiman’s beautiful graphic novel Harlequin Valentine. See contest rules below for more info.
Want to win a copy of Neil Gaiman’s Harlequin Valentine?
Well, who wouldn’t? The man is a genius!
- Open to U.S. residents only
- You must be 13 years old or older to enter this contest. Anyone under 17 should get permission from their parents first.
- You do not need to enter the Smitten! Blogfest to enter the contest, but I hope you will!
- The winner will be drawn at random from the entries and announced on February 14, 2011.
- Once the winner has been drawn, I will delete all entries. Your contact information will not be used for any other purpose outside this contest. Your information will never be shared.
- Spread the word! Contests and Blogfests work best when people are excited enough to share the good news. Blog, tweet, or post on Facebook. You’re awesome, thank you!
Contest is officially closed! Thanks participants!