- There’s a very cool contest/giveaway going on right now across 14 blogs. Each blog is giving away its own goody bag, but the winner of every blog will be entered to win the grand prize: Delirium by Lauren Oliver from Harper Teen, $40 gift card from Barnes and Noble, 3 books from Harlequin Teen, and a Nook! Go enter each blog! This link takes you to VLC Photo, one of the 14 blogs, and there is a list of the other 13 on this entry.
- WriterWords has an interesting phrase frequency counter useful for all writers with pesky words we can’t stop using.
- I was very busy Stumbling Upon stuff on the internets last weekend and found this very cool comic Lackadaisy. The art is so gorgeous. I just had to share.
- Another fun share from Stumble Upon. This one I’m honestly sorry about. I know how crazy this is about to make everyone.
- Just a few days left to enter my contest to win a copy of Neil Gaiman’s Harlequin Valentine!
via: In this modern retelling of a classic commedia dell’ arte legend of tomfoolery and hopeless, fawning love, creators Neil Gaiman and John Bolton update the relation of Harlequin and Columbine. A buffoon burdened with a brimming heart, Harlequin chases his sensible, oblivious Columbine around the streets of a city, having given his heart freely. Consumed with love, the impulsive clown sees his heart dragged about town, with a charming surprise to bend the tale in a modern direction. Gaiman’s writing is poetic and as loopy as the subject matter. Bolton’s art, a combination of digitally enhanced photo-realism and dynamic painting provides sensational depth with bright characters over fittingly muted backgrounds. Those who have spent Valentine’s Day alone know that the cold February holiday can be hard to swallow. Gaiman and Bolton want you to know that all it takes is a steak knife, a fork, and a bottle of quality ketchup.